Google’s link shortener, Goo.gl and Bit.ly have both added the capability of creating and tracking QR Codes from within their platforms.
The movie above is quite informative, but one QR Coder (listed below) says, “Despite being one of the best looking (and one of the more popular) QR scanners out there, the AT&T code scanner passes everything you scan through their Website where they are undoubtedly collecting data on what is being scanned. We therefore place it in the Evil category – avoid this one unless you want old AT&T to see what you are scanning.” Furthermore their new service is limited to one-year, after which you will probably be expected to subscribe to retain access to your “free” account.
By 2012 more than half of people accessing the Internet will be doing so via smart phones or handheld devices. If their phones can take a picture, they can most likely scan QR Codes. Recognized as perhaps the most important recent development to revitalize print advertising, QR Codes have been around since 1997. With the rapid growth of smart phone technology, they are now becoming mainstream.
QR stands for quick response. Scan one and you immediately are taken directly to a Website or provided with a text that can contain telephone numbers and other cvontact information. And now they can do even more like… qrstuff.com and the following:
- BeQRious – A robust QR Code campaign and tracking platform with email notification
- Delivr – generates a QR Code for each mobile-friendly URL
- Good Survey – Use QR Codes for market research in documents and decode existing QR Codes
- Itsmyurls – All your social media links in one QR code
- Jumpscan – provides a contact page with all your social data in one spot
- Likify – Generate Facebook likes using QR Code
- Myqr.co – URL shortener and QR code generator rolled into one (plus AT&T warning)
- OK QR ME – Mirascape QR Code Generator provides real-time stats on who is scanning it and from where
- SocialQRCode.com – works with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, URL’s, e-Mails, Contact Info, Business Card Information, Android Market and App Store.
- SPARQcode – can deliver any type of content such as websites, phone numbers, addresses and invoke any app on your mobile phone
- Wikkit – Create, sell, and scan tickets to any event with QR Codes